I don’t know about you, but this time of year is my absolute favorite. And with Halloween and Thanksgiving coming up soon, of course, I couldn’t help but start decorating!!
Today I want to share on the blog my newfound and EASY PEASY way to decorate for fall! Halloween, Thanksgiving, YOU NAME IT, here is the simplest and cutest of designs to decorate your dinning table with, or line the walkway to your house! The best part of all!? It involves white fairytale pumpkins, succulents and only a few simple steps!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your choice of pumpkins! I chose white plump pumpkins from Trader Joe’s, but take your pick! You could use short and stalky orange pumpkins, baby pumpkins or even fairytale pumpkins!
- Spanish moss (I bought mine at my local Michael’s, but you could get some at Osh, Home Depot or your local gardening store!).
- Glue gun + hot glue sticks!
- Clean off your pumpkin, dust or wipe down!
- Lay out your succulents, plug in your glue gun and open the packaging of Spanish moss. I found it helpful to lay it all out to prep and have ready!
- When you’re ready, grab your glue gun and start hot gluing the Spanish moss onto the pumpkin.
- Once you’ve decorated with moss to your liking, grab the succulents and begun trimming the roots. I left only a tinnnyyyy bit of the root left. The really cool thing about succulents in combination with the moss is that they eventually re-root themselves to the moss! So don’t be too worried about keeping a hefty root.
- Pair the succulents to your liking, or even add other flowers or decorations if you so choose!
- Let the glue set and tada! Your pumpkins are GORGEOUS and ready to enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this little DIY tutorial! I will be bringing a few more tutorials out for the holidays and I am excited to share a little decoration inspiration for your home! If you end up making the pumpkins or even modifying them into a different craft, be sure to tag me!! I’d love to see! Happy crafting sweet friends xx